Linux System Engineer vacancy for our international client at their HQ offices based in Amsterdam. We invite candidates to apply with 5 years experience working in a production, Linux-based environment, supporting open source software and system configuration and administration, core operating systems expertise, including network setup and maintenance, network security and file systems.
MintSearch is currently looking for a full-time Linux System Engineer who will join the Infrastructure & Operations team of our international client at their HQ offices in Amsterdam.
Ideally you have a solid Linux background with broad systems experience, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to supporting a 24/7 environment. Your advanced system and network skills will be utilized on various projects and for keeping the in-house developed platform in top shape.
Desired skills and experiences
- Technology: The candidate must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with the following technologies: Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Load balancing, Monitoring, Firewalls, Networks, Network security protocols, databases and more.
- Experience: At least 5 years experience working in a production, Linux-based environment and 5 years personal experience supporting open source software. Minimum 5+ years of system configuration and administration, core operating systems expertise, including network setup and maintenance, network security and file systems.
- Knowledge: Solid understanding of load balancing, horizontal scaling, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS and HTTP(s), network security.
- Mentality: Team player who is open to feedback. Able to work in a 24/7 environment, make quick informed decisions and handle pressure.
- Mind-set: Have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
- Language: Fluent in English.
- Relocation: Is possible.
The organisation offers a competitive salary and great career opportunities within a global payments company. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level.
We welcome your application with CV and motivation letter. You can send it to Manuela Willemsen-Lantos at MintSearch via email@example.com . For more information you can also contact us at +31(0)652055672.