Do you want to work in an informal, international and relaxed environment with room for personal and professional development? Are you a communication pro, a team player, able to work in a fast paced organisation, and an expert in technical writing aimed at both end users and expert software developers in English and Dutch?
As a Technical Writer, you will be essential for effective internal and external communication about the company’s products. You will be working closely with developers to document new and existing features of software as well as be a ‘champion’ for the documentation in general. You will also write for non-technical end users, as well as for expert software developers.
You like to:
- Promote awareness of documentation among both internal and external users;
- Encourage others to contribute;
- Constantly look for better ways to ensure that our documentation reaches its intended audience(s);
- Create topic-based “help” content for non-technical readers;
- Create detailed descriptions and diagrams that explain the architecture, data structure, use cases and source code of the company’s software platform;
- Work in MadCap Flare and Atlassian Confluence;
- Review and edit interface text;
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers;
- Organise and write in-depth supporting documents for the engineers;
- Use drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase developers’ understanding.
- A Bachelor of Master’s Degree;
- Proven experience in detailed technical writing;
- A proficient level in using Madcap Flare and Atlassian Confluence (or similar);
- Using Google Analytics would be a great advantage
- An excellent level of writing and speaking in English and Dutch, other languages are a plus;
- Experience in creating detailed software documentation for audiences with technical and non-technical backgrounds;
- Experience in autonomously start new (documentation) projects, set clear goals and effectively plan to achieve them.
- Enthusiastic, confident, positive, team player and quick learner.
- Highly organised with great attention to detail.
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to consume, understand and then explain complex technical information.
- An excellent market conform salary package
- 32-40 hour week, working hours between 9:00-17:00 (with one hour unpaid lunch)
- You may be required to work evenings and weekends during busy periods in order to meet the demands of the business, including overseas travel as required.
We look forward to you application. Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Manuela Willemsen-Lantos at +3165205572 for more information.