MintSearch is looking for an experienced Java Software Developer for our client, an innovative international company leading in the field of Domotics, located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
The company is in touch with the most advanced technical and medical knowledge available. Their mission is to make world-wide health care smarter, better and more efficient, thanks to the versatile application of sensor technology and intelligent software. The Netherlands are a source of innovation, leading in health care ambition and solutions for health care needs. They work closely together with health care institutes, insurance companies, public organisations and technologists. Their products find their way to clients in need of health care world-wide through local partnerships.
Do you want to be a part of this significant and promising enterprise?
This company is growing fast and we are urgently looking for a Java Software Developer.
This Developer will be responsible for the Home Monitoring project for elderly people living independently. This project uses a combination of a smart sensor network and intelligent software that detects relevant incidents at home. These incidents are reported as notifications via smartphones.
A (basic) platform with state-off-the-art technology like Java 8, Redis, and Dropwizard has been built. Jenkins is used for continuous delivery and many automated tests are performed.
Configuration of the cloud servers is completely automated with Ansible. Monitoring is done with Collectd, Graphite and Grafana.
For the next phase of the product development we are seeking a software developer who will develop the platform further. You will be part of small professional team which provides you with the opportunity to give input and decide on architecture, design and the software development process.
In this role you will be:
• Designing and implementing new features of the Home Monitoring System.
• Analysing and improving: the stability and availability of the platform
• Analysing and improving: the performance and scalability of the platform
• Analysing and improving: the security of the platform
What is the offer?
• A position with lots of interesting aspects and variety in (inter)national innovative care projects
• Contributing to new and socially relevant healthcare issues
• A challenging, rewarding job in an inspiring, professional and ambitious team, where decisions are taken pragmatically and with room for own initiatives
• Lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth and development
• Cooperation with leading IT companies and universities
• Flexible working hours and option to (partly) work from home
• Possible to choose your own hardware
• Excellent salary and secondary benefits
• An informal, pleasant and professional culture and team
• Initially a contract for 6 month with an option for a fixed contract after that.
• 3+ years’ experience with Java
• experience with distributed backend applications with high availability and reliability
• Minimal HBO/WO working level
• Knowledge of Linux, Git, Maven, Junit and Mockito
• Knowledge of Reactive programming, Actor Model, Akka is a plus
• Knowledge of Cassandra and Redis
• Knowledge of Cloud computing and services of AWS, Google Cloud and Digital Ocean is a plus
• Knowledge of Big Data, Stream Processing and Spark is a plus
• Knowledge of security, SSL and encryption is a plus
• Knowledge of Android / iOS development is a plus
• Knowledge of wireless sensor-networks is a plus
• You are fluent in spoken and written English, preferably also in Dutch.
Start date: ASAP!
We welcome your application with CV and motivation letter. You can send it to Manuela Willemsen-Lantos at MintSearch via firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information you can also contact us at +31(0)652055672.