For our client – a globally leading medical technology company – MintSearch is seeking an ambitious and accurate Forecast Modeller.
You will develop high quality baseline demand forecasts by leveraging statistical analysis and expertise with the best cross functional inputs and applying sound judgment based on knowledge of the business. You are responsible for optimizing the performance of the statistical models and process flows within Demantra (Oracle). You provide your analysis to, and therefore work closely with, the Demand Planning Managers and Business Administrators.
The position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making and presentation skills. Interpersonal skills as influencing and negotiating are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process (matrix organization).
Responsibilities of the Forecast Modeller
- Create high quality baseline demand forecasts and forecast analysis.
- Perform both global and nodal tuning on demand forecast baselines and maintain forecast quality within established thresholds for error
- Understand business objectives for launch and forecast management and integrate that information into the statistical baselines and the demand planning processes
- Achieve or exceed the forecasting goals and KPI targets, supporting corporate/department goals and KPI targets as directed
- Work with Demand Planners to optimize the results achieved through the statistical management of the baseline
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual analytics to support the business needs for better information in decision-making
- Drive continuous improvements in the baseline process and results
- Represent/own the statistical processes and workflows in any system maintenance (realignments, upgrades, etc.) to ensure uninterrupted quality and service to the business on all statistical baseline forecasting
- Conduct training and education sessions as needed to support the demand planning process, both within the demand planning team and across the organization as directed
- Demonstrate thought leadership and creativity in solving problems and the ability to appropriately communicate and escalate as needed to management
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and the ability to advocate for and translate those into forecasting practices where appropriate.
Qualifications and experience
Experience Three years in Statistics, SCM, IT or Finance/Operations. Experience in the medical device industry is a plus.
Education/Training BA/BS college degree or its equivalent. MBA is preferred.
Licenses/Certificates APICS or other forecasting Certification is preferred
Other Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of ERP (and Oracle (Demantra) or other software related to demand planning) is strongly preferred. Fluency in English; extra languages are a plus. Available to travel.
This is a fulltime position (40 hours/week). Our client offers a permanent contract, a competitive salary package and 27 holidays.
We welcome your application with a resume. You can send it to Manuela Willemsen-Lantos at MintSearch by email@example.com . You can also contact us at +31(0)652055672.